to the Charleston Council
of the Navy League of the United States
- Your dues are a key financial source for carrying out our mission.
- Thanks to all those who provided special donations to assist our new programs this year and take care of additional administrative costs associated with same.
- Thanks to Maybank Shipping for sponsoring our Service Person of the Year program and awards dinner
Annual Awards Dinner
Come help us recognize the Sailors, Marines and Coast Guard Persons of the Year from our local commands.
When: Friday, March 28, 2014 6-9 p.m.
Where: Embassy Suites Convention Center, North Charleston, SC
Cost: $35 per person
Guest Speaker: To be determined
Reservations may be made by calling the Navy League Hotline at 843-849-8832 or by e-mailing Bill Nold at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name, number and names of attendees and a phone number where you may be reached.
Reservations should be made by Monday, March 24, 2014.
We look forward to seeing you there.
What We Do
The Navy League Charleston is involved in the following areas:
- Service-Person of the Year programs for all Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard commands in the Low Country
- Honor graduates from Naval Nuclear Power Training Command and Prototype
- Sea Cadets - Catering to 11-17 year olds who don't have an NJROTC in their high school
- NJROTC units in area high schools
- Great Portage Race for area Sea Cadet
- Outreach to general membership and the public regarding issues of concern for the Sea Services
- Collaboration with other area veteran's organizations to promote issues of concern for our combined memberships
- Support to ship commissioning ceremonies
- Support to visiting ships in the Charleston area
What We Need
- Contact Dennis Simon <email@example.com>if you are interested in a assuming a leadership position in the Council.
- The Navy League of the United States has established the Washington Navy Yard Survivors Fund to provide financial assistance to those families most affected by the tragic events at the Yard on 16 September, 2013. To find out how you can help, visit www.navyleague.org or contact Stacy McFarland at 800-356-5760.