to the Charleston Council
of the Navy League of the United States
- Your dues are a key financial source for carrying out our mission.
- Thanks to all those who provided special donations to assist our new programs this year and take care of additional administrative costs associated with same.
- Thanks to Maybank Shipping for sponsoring our Service Person of the Year program and awards dinner
What We Have Done
- Held our annual Awards Dinner to honor Service-Persons of the Year. Our honored guest speaker was MCPON Mike Stevens
- Hosted RADM Barry Bruner for our December general meeting
- Agreed an updated set of bylaws, mission, vision, and guiding principles
- Improved this website to make it more member oriented.
What We Do
The Navy League Charleston is involved in the following areas:
- Service-Person of the Year programs for all Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard commands in the Low Country
- Honor graduates from Naval Nuclear Power Training Command and Prototype
- Sea Cadets - Catering to 11-17 year olds who don't have an NJROTC in their high school
- NJROTC units in area high schools
- Great Portage Race for area Sea Cadet
- Outreach to general membership and the public regarding issues of concern for the Sea Services
- Collaboration with other area veteran's organizations to promote issues of concern for our combined memberships
- Support to ship commissioning ceremonies
- Support to visiting ships in the Charleston area
What We Need
- More active members willing to give of their time and talent on committees
- Looking for a talented individual to prepare our newsletter and lead our Public Affairs outreach