to the Charleston Council
of the Navy League of the United States
- Your dues are a key financial source for carrying out our mission.
- Thanks to all those who provided special donations to assist our new programs this year and take care of additional administrative costs associated with same.
- Thanks to Maybank Shipping for sponsoring our Service Person of the Year program and awards dinner
What We Have Done
- Held our annual Awards Dinner to honor Service-Persons of the Year. Our honored guest speaker was MCPON Mike Stevens
- Hosted RADM Barry Bruner for our December general meeting
- Agreed an updated set of bylaws, mission, vision, and guiding principles
- Improved this website to make it more member oriented.
What We Do
The Navy League Charleston is involved in the following areas:
- Service-Person of the Year programs for all Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard commands in the Low Country
- Honor graduates from Naval Nuclear Power Training Command and Prototype
- Sea Cadets - Catering to 11-17 year olds who don't have an NJROTC in their high school
- NJROTC units in area high schools
- Great Portage Race for area Sea Cadet
- Outreach to general membership and the public regarding issues of concern for the Sea Services
- Collaboration with other area veteran's organizations to promote issues of concern for our combined memberships
- Support to ship commissioning ceremonies
- Support to visiting ships in the Charleston area
What We Need
- Contact Dennis Simon <firstname.lastname@example.org>if you are interested in a assuming a leadership position in the Council. We are preparing the slate of officers for 2014.
- Looking for a talented individual to prepare our newsletter and lead our Public Affairs outreach
- The Navy League of the United States has established the Washington Navy Yard Survivors Fund to provide financial assistance to those families most affected by the tragic events at the Yard on 16 September, 2013. To find out how you can help, visit www.navyleague.org or contact Stacy McFarland at 800-356-5760.